On Thursday, February 13, 2014 was held in Rabat (Morocco) the national meeting of the Support to Farmer Organizations of Africa Project (Sfoap), the part relating to the implementation of pilot projects in North Africa has been entrusted to Fert by Ifad.
The meeting permitted to present the activities carried out under the first phase of this program. Two sectors (arboriculture mountain and beekeeping) and 2 zones (Taza and Rich Imilchil) could have been identified and an action plan corresponding to the future experimental projects for Morocco was drawn up.
Twenty or so people took part in this meeting among which representatives of:
- the Moroccan Farmers Union (UMA including the Chairman),
- Ministry of Agriculture, the National Association of Cattle Breeders (Anab),
- the Interprofessional Federation Moroccan Beekeeping (Fimap),
- the National Association of Arboriculturists Mountain (Anarbom),
- the Moroccan Association of Seed Multipliers (AMMS).
The concrete activities will begin on the ground in March 2014.